Project Management Officer
Our client based in Huddersfield are now recruiting for a Project Management Officer who is looking to progress in to a career in Project management.
The primary purpose of the role is to support the Programme and Project managers in the delivery of projects within budget, on time and to the agreed specification.
1. Provides Exception Reporting to the business where project tasks are outstanding or at risk of being missed. Reports on issues and risks, providing updates on status of these.
2. Arrange Kick off meetings with PM’s
3. Books resource with engineering and customer
5. Check resource has arrived on site,
‘Focus on quality ‘
1. Ensures project processes are followed and relevant sign offs take place within the timescales set out in the process
2. Tracks all known issues within the project and ensures actions are completed within the agreed timescales – Updates Sales Force – pull reports and escalate / comments
3. Escalates issues to project teams. Drafts QA reports for PMs
‘Think beyond the now’
1. Co-ordinates risk plans for the project and tracks these weekly –
2. Escalates risks to PM and Operations teams
3. Keeps the resource plan up to date with planned v actual and report to Operations Manager any resource risks.
4. Works with the Operations manager and PMs in forecasting future resource needs for delivery
5. Takes ownership of the content in mission control making sure it is updates and on track.
6. Reviews actions on Project Log daily and chases PMs to updates
7. Drafts Site Survey reports to be checked by PMs
1. Provides MI to escalates issues into the manufacturers.
2. Audits projects for lessons learnt ( particularly on the product side ) plus supply chain – PIRs – manage PIRs.
3. Reports to business on Supplier performance – product and service
4. Drafts Change Request Reports and work with Purchasing on costings
5. Arrange Post Implementation meetings at the end of each project.
‘Involve the right people’
1. Attends Operations & Sales Meetings and updates PM and Operations teams on progress v plan. PDRs/Ops2. Updates Project Log and Sales Force daily with actions.
2. Provides suggestions/ideas on ways to improve the PM process. Secondary RoleSupport the Customer support line, answering queries and questions from the customer
Support the Customer support line, answering queries and questions from the customer
A driving licence is essential for this role as some travel to sites will be needed.